It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use existing project for Rational OSLC Adaptor for HP ALM?

Shamray Alexandr (155) | asked Sep 12 '12, 2:48 p.m.
retagged Feb 22 '13, 12:02 p.m. by Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723)
I have working HP ALM project. How I can configure it to work with RTC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Samuel Padgett (2172) | answered Sep 19 '12, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 19 '12, 9:34 a.m.
For the tech preview, this isn't formally supported. You can still do it though as Mike notes above by manually adding some scripts.

We plan to support this at generally availability and will document in more detail the steps to take.

The project customizations add three toolbar buttons to the HP ALM client. One takes you to the associated RRC project dashboard. One takes you to the associated RTC project dashboard. And one takes you to the adapter page for the resource you're looking at in HP ALM, which allows you to add and remove links.

Note that you can still use the integration for projects that don't have these toolbar buttons. They are convenient shortcuts, however. You can still add links to HP ALM resources from RRC, RTC, or the HP Adapter web UI. The links will also be displayed in the HP ALM client on the attachments tab.
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
William Jones (211) | answered Sep 13 '12, 9:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suggest starting with the article 'Using the Rational OSLC Adaptor for HP ALM with the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management', which is located here:

https://jazz.net/library/article/855

The article explains how to set up the adapter and configure your HP project to be used with Rational Team Concert and / or Rational Requirements Composer.

Comments
Shamray Alexandr commented Sep 13 '12, 11:17 a.m.

But in this article explains how to create new hp alm project and not explains how to use existing project.

permanent link
mike smithson (622) | answered Sep 13 '12, 2:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
To adapt an existing ALM project once the adapter is configured

The demo project contains workflow script and toolbar icons needed to make calls to the adapter from ALM.

If you can import that project, review the script for which functions are called and adapt your existing project as needed. Add the toolbar icons with a note to match the "Action Name" for the toolbar button to the function call in the script.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.