It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross-Server Communications, Friends and OSLC Integrations

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Jan 28 '15, 6:00 a.m.
 I am trying to wrap my head around this whole topic with this scenario to understand if this is possible and what are the security implications.

I have two JTS and RTC deployments from two different companies.  Company A is parent company and Company B is a sub-contractor.  Company A would like to share/link work Items to Company B's RTC work Items.  Company B's developers would need rich hover access and potentially read access to the work items in Company A's RTC.

So, to achieve this here is the formula I followed.

1. Create a friend from Company A's RTC to Company B's RTC.  I used trusted connection and no functional user.
2. Create a friend from Company B's RTC to Company A's RTC.  I used trusted connection and no functional user.
3. In Company A's RTC Project Area is set the association so Company B's Project Area provide related change request.

Company A can now link and create change request to Company B's work Items.

Questions:
What is the security scope of the list a work items Company A can link in Company B?
Is it possible to have this done without the need to log in to Company B's RTC?  Maybe using the functional user id?
Do I need to friend JTSs also? or Is just friending the CCM applications sufficient?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jan 28 '15, 12:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 What is the security scope of the list a work items Company A can link in Company B?
I don't understand what you are asking here. Can you elaborate? 

Is it possible to have this done without the need to log in to Company B's RTC?  Maybe using the functional user id?
No, and you really would not want to. The log in is needed to make sure that the user viewing the work items really should be allowed to view the work items. That is, just because a user exists and has access to work items Company A's RTC, does not mean that the user has access to work items in Company B's RTC. The user needs to exist in Company B's RTC, and Company B must have given that user the right to read the work items. 

Do I need to friend JTSs also? or Is just friending the CCM applications sufficient?
You do not need to friend the JTS

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead
Robert Carter selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.