It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC and RRDI - not all data is visible in report

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked Sep 11 '12, 2:39 p.m.
Hi,

I have spent months trying to get a custom RRDI report that includes custom attributes from RRC. I found out that I need to do queries and joins to obtain our custom attributes thanks to the two articles I found here. I got as far as adding 7 of our custom attributes to the report after digging through the various sub structures to obtain the data.

However, I do not see all my requirements in the report. It is pulling up only some of the requirements for each requirement type. The only filter I have is the project name, and then, I have grouped by Project Name and Requirement Type.

So, I thought, let's do a simple report that only looks at fields in the "Requirement Area" of the Operational Data store. From there, I just pulled in "Project Name", "Requirement ID" and "Name". The only additional thing in the table is that I have grouped by Project Name and Requirement Type. I run the report and I do see the data grouped as I had asked it to be grouped. I do not see all the requirements though under each requirement type tho.. They all seem to be stopping at 3000 level and I know we have lots more than that...

I'm wondering if there is a limitation on how many requirements can be displayed in the report? Is there a way to tell the report to display more lines per page than it currently does?

Does the tool not allow run-time filters? Doesn't the tool allow users to pull out as many or as few of the requirements they need?

Has anyone successfully created reports using more than 2-3 custom attributes? It seems to me that for each custom attribute I want to add to the report, it is a separate join. And after going through all that work and adding each step to the report, if you delete it from the page, it deletes the back-end join.. so there's really no way of testing each join as you go along because after you add it to the page, run the report and delete table from the page, it deletes the join

Maybe I'm doing this the hard way and there's a simpler way to do this?????? if so, would you please share the details with me?

Thanks,

P.S. on another note, if Rational Publishing engine looks at the same Data Warehouse, then the structure and layout of the tables would be the same, so I would probably have the same issue in RPE, right?

2 answers

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | answered Jun 26 '13, 10:23 a.m.
 Hi, could you share the  two articles you learn for the customized attribute? I have the same request and have not know how to get the data in report. Thanks!

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | answered Jun 26 '13, 10:26 a.m.
 And also I am curious about if you have solutions for this  question? I think maybe I will come against the same problems.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.