It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What RRC project area permission affects a user's ability to move an artifact to another folder?

Paul Sims (31513421) | asked Sep 11 '12, 7:54 a.m.

Our team recently upgraded from CLM 3.0.1.x to CLM 4.0.

To avoid users accidentally deleting artifacts and folders, I changed Author permissions so team members in that role cannot "Delete an artifact" (all types) and "Delete a folder."

Today an Author informed me that he is unable to move an artifact from one folder to another. That surprises me.

What permission controls a user's ability to move an artifact?

Paul Sims, Software Engineer and Agile Development Coach
IBM WebSphere Commerce

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Sep 13 '12, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The default roles for saving an artifact and a folder are "Administrator" and "Author". To perform a move then the ability to create and delete an artifact is needed. There is no separate permission for only Move.

The process area -> project permissions -> team configuration is where these permission are set.

I suggest raising an enhancement request if a special move permission is needed.
Paul Sims selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul Sims commented Sep 14 '12, 7:32 a.m.

Thank you Robin. I will raise an enhancement request.

Paul Sims, Software Engineer and Agile Development Coach IBM WebSphere Commerce

Vincent Murphy commented May 01 '13, 3:03 p.m.

Hi Paul, We just encountered this problem.  Did you raise an enhancement request for this issue? If so, what was the number?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.