It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

subscribing a user to a whole project

Peyman Sakhitabe (122) | asked Sep 11 '12, 5:51 a.m.
 Hi, we are trying to configure a user to be subscribed to all the items to a project and don't seem to find it. In JIRA is a straight forward configuration. How can we achieve this?

Many thanks
Peyman

2 answers

permanent link
Henning Sternkicker (40626) | answered Sep 11 '12, 6:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What do you want to achieve with the "subscribe to everything"? To my understanding a subscription to a work item is a way to keep in touch with the work items that are really important to me, because every time the work item changes (field update, state change etc.) I get an email notification on that. So if I am subscribed to every work item I can imagine, that the email mailbox will be filled up in minutes...
Maybe the Team events is what you are looking for? A user in RTC will be added to a Team within the project area. And it is possible to configure, e.g. the Dashboard that way that every change on work items that belongs to that team is displayed in a Team events widget. Have you looked for that?

Comments
Peyman Sakhitabe commented Sep 11 '12, 6:57 a.m.

Hi Henning,

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to get the Team Leader or Project manager to get an email notification for each change in any of the items of the projec.

Regards Peyman

Henning Sternkicker commented Sep 11 '12, 7:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

thats exactly what the Event log is meant for in Rational Team Concert. Instead of flooding someones email with notifications just add the event log to your team dashboard and you will be informed about the latest news on the team. Have a look at this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/128

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Sep 17 '12, 3:53 p.m.
This technote describes what you are looking for:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21580771

As Henning mentions, this could generate a huge amount of email for these users.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.