It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Plugin participant send information to another external application (Translator google)

Javier López (1134) | asked Sep 11 '12, 4:06 a.m.

(sorry, Translator google)

I have a plugin implemented participant, and need that on having guarded an information (example: IWorItem.getOwner ()), I sent to an external application.

Does someone know like to do it?

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Sep 11 '12, 8:47 a.m.
He wants to communicate info from the plugin to an outside RTC application.

Comments
Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Sep 11 '12, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm sure that it's possible, but I don't know how to tell you how to do it. Sorry!

Javier López commented Sep 11 '12, 9:49 a.m.

thanks for answer Lauren Hayward Schaefer and sam detweiler

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Sep 11 '12, 6:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.  If you're asking how to get the owner of a work item from inside a participant, the following code snippet should work for you:

SubMonitor progress= SubMonitor.convert(monitor, NLS.bind(Messages.WorkItemCommenter_MONITOR_ADDING_COMMENT, workItemId), 100);
IWorkItemClient workItemClient= (IWorkItemClient)teamRepository.getClientLibrary(IWorkItemClient.class);
IWorkItemWorkingCopyManager manager= workItemClient.getWorkItemWorkingCopyManager();
manager.connect(workItemHandle, IWorkItem.SMALL_PROFILE, progress.newChild(20));
IWorkItem workItem= null;
try {
WorkItemWorkingCopy copy= manager.getWorkingCopy(workItemHandle);
workItem= copy.getWorkItem();
workItem.getOwner();

If this is not the answer you were looking for, please ask again. :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.