It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC V3-RC3 Installation Problem

Marco Delato (512114) | asked Nov 15 '10, 6:23 a.m.
Hi,
during the setup of JTS 3-RC3 (local install repository) I get the following error:
Installation failed.
Error during "post-install configure" phase:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\internal\post-install-fixup.xml (The system cannot find the path specified.)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\IBM\JazzTeamServer\internal\post-install-fixup.xml (The system cannot find the path specified.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
M.

5 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Nov 15 '10, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marco,

can you provide the milestne number or version you downloaded?

I would like to suggest to not install into the Program Files directory, even if that is the default. It only complicates issues. Especially on Server 2008, Vista and Win 7. I am not sure it applies here.

The file the message refers to would normally be installed by installation manager. Not sure why it is not here. Maybe the packaging failed.

I would retry it. You could retry downloading (use a download manager), you could try a web install.

Ralph

Hi,
during the setup of JTS 3-RC3 (local install repository) I get the following error:
Installation failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
M.

permanent link
Marco Delato (512114) | answered Nov 15 '10, 9:57 a.m.
I tried the Web setup, and it's ok!

I noticed I was working with Istallation Manager v 1.3.1 but in the web setup the launchpad installs IM v 1.4...

Thanks,
Marco.

Hi Marco,

I would like to suggest to not install into the Program Files directory, even if that is the default. It only complicates issues. Especially on Server 2008, Vista and Win 7. I am not sure it applies here.

The file the message refers to would normally be installed by installation manager. Not sure why it is not here. Maybe the packaging failed.

I would retry it. You could retry downloading (use a download manager), you could try a web install.

Ralph

Hi,
Installation failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
M.

permanent link
Marco Delato (512114) | answered Nov 15 '10, 10:03 a.m.
The build nr is: 3.0.0.CALM-RTC-I20101108-1510
The system is Windows 2003

Cheers,
Marco

I noticed I was working with Istallation Manager v 1.3.1 but in the web setup the launchpad installs IM v 1.4...

Thanks,
Marco.

Hi Marco,

Ralph

Hi,
Installation failed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
M.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Nov 15 '10, 10:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Glad it is working for you.

Ralph

Thanks,
Marco.

permanent link
Adrian Cho (82113322) | answered Nov 15 '10, 12:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
IM 1.4.1 is the minimum. You will see on the All Downloads page we reference 1.4.1 and provide links to the 1.4.1 downloads.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.