It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not all users from bluegroup are being imported

Robert Sager (1611) | asked Sep 26 '08, 11:35 p.m.
I have RTC 1.0 Standard installed and configured to use bluepages. It works fine for most of the users defined in my bluegroups, but there is a small number that do not get automatically imported from the bluegroup and don't show up when I attempt to import them manually. The only common denominator that I can see is that the missing members all have email addresses greater than 8 charactes (the shortname before the @). I can't find any reference to a similar issue in the forums, so I'm hoping this is just a configuration problem that someone can help me with.

5 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Sep 28 '08, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It has nothing to do with email address greater than 8 chars. Can you provide more information on the users you have this issue. Do they have any special characters in their serial number or user id ?

---- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

I have RTC 1.0 Standard installed and configured to use bluepages. It works fine for most of the users defined in my bluegroups, but there is a small number that do not get automatically imported from the bluegroup and don't show up when I attempt to import them manually. The only common denominator that I can see is that the missing members all have email addresses greater than 8 charactes (the shortname before the @). I can't find any reference to a similar issue in the forums, so I'm hoping this is just a configuration problem that someone can help me with.

permanent link
Robert Sager (1611) | answered Sep 28 '08, 1:16 p.m.
A majority of the userid's have an underscore "_", and one has a period "." in the userid, but there are a number of others that don't have any obvious difference from others that get imported. I will send you list via email.

permanent link
Tom Frauenhofer (1.3k58435) | answered Sep 29 '08, 6:59 a.m.
There has been problems like this observed with importing bluepages
users who have more than one email address (i.e. the usual short name
plus another)

An earlier posting here describes a revised LDAP config to use
preferredIdentity. Email me directly if you can't find it

rsager wrote:
A majority of the userid's have an underscore "_", and one
has a period "." in the userid, but there are a number of
others that don't have any obvious difference from others that get
imported. I will send you list via email.

permanent link
Robert Sager (1611) | answered Sep 29 '08, 9:13 a.m.
I found a post related to preferredIdenty, which included the LDAP configuration, https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1241. After making the update, I was able to import all my users.

permanent link
Tom Frauenhofer (1.3k58435) | answered Sep 29 '08, 11:26 a.m.
Glad that worked for you

rsager wrote:
I found a post related to preferredIdenty, which included the LDAP
configuration, https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1241. After
making the update, I was able to import all my users.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.