It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Restricted Access" does not show up in work item editor (RTC V4.0)

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Sep 10 '12, 11:47 a.m.
Hello,

I created access groups, assigned project area and my user ID to them. The user ID is part of the JazzAdmin group and has full access to the project/team area.

However, when I created a new work item or edited an existing one, the work item editor does not show the "Restricted Access" at all and thus I am not able to select which access group to control the access of the work item.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Sep 10 '12, 12:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Frank,

You need to make sure to add the "Restricted Access" field to the presentation of your work items. You can do this from the Work Items > Editor Presentations tab in the project area editor for your project (in a web browser, not the eclipse client).

Hope that helps,
Parker
Frank Ning selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Frank Ning commented Sep 10 '12, 5:17 p.m.

Thanks. The thing is that I did that and did not see the section. Thus I posted the question. I did with RTC eclipse client. Did you mean we have to use the web client? (the info center did not mention we have to use web client)

Parker Dunton commented Sep 10 '12, 11:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

From the eclipse client you can also selected "Restricted Access..." from the drop down menu in the top left of the work item editor, the part that contains the work item type and number.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.