It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WorkItem -> Links Tab -> Add button extension

Adityanarayan Vaidya (33146) | asked Sep 04 '12, 6:31 a.m.
I have a requirement in which I need to add a menu to the Add button which appears in the Links Tab of the WorkItem Editor when a work  item is opened in Eclipse. The Add button I have mentioned is the button related to Links section of the Link tab which already contains few menus like AddRelated,Make Duplicate of etc.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Sep 05 '12, 10:08 a.m.
I do not believe there is any extension point for this.  You will have to open an enhancement request.

I had to modify the rtc client source code to change the behavior of which link types where displayed.
Adityanarayan Vaidya selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Sep 04 '12, 8:13 a.m.
edited Sep 04 '12, 8:13 a.m.
what does 'add a menu' mean?  add a new linktype?  you can add linktypes already.

permanent link
Adityanarayan Vaidya (33146) | answered Sep 05 '12, 9:36 a.m.
By 'Add menu' I mean to add a custom menu action to the list of menu actions already shown when you click on the Add button in the Links Tab of WI. The existing actions are Add Related,Make Duplicate Off etc. I am aware that I need to implement a plugin to customize this Add button. However I am unable to find any class of documentation which contains the details related to my requirement and also I am relatively new to RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.