It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.4 discard changeset using java API

Morten Madsen (3053250) | asked Aug 15 '18, 12:15 p.m.
edited Aug 16 '18, 10:23 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I'm trying to discard a changeset using the java API in a custom Eclipse plugin.

I can discard it using the method:

IWorkspaceConnection.discardChangesets(boolean preflight, List<IChangesetHandle> css)

But this method will also complete all changesets before discard. Does anyone know a way to discard a changeset programmatically without completing it?

Thanks,
/Morten

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Aug 16 '18, 10:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 16 '18, 10:22 a.m.

There is no way to discard a change set and have it remained open. This is because in order to 'accept' a change set, it must be closed. This way after discarding it, if you decide you want it back, you can always search for the change set and accept it into your repository workspace..

Morten Madsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Aug 16 '18, 2:37 p.m.

You are correct! I have actually never noticed this. I though when you discarded a change-set, then it was deleted for good. But it is actually just completed and is still there when you search for it (or use show history - all in repository). Even if the change-set is empty, it is still there.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.