It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Use case insensitive user ID matching didn't work correct in the Artifact View (Visual Studio client)

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Sep 04 '12, 6:30 a.m.
We have configured our jazz team server to use case insensitive user ID matching. This works for the most cases. But in the visual studio client (VS 2005), there is a problem. In the team artifact view there are no team areas displayed. When I click on refresh I receive following error message:

The server was unable to find user for the user ID: wassermann

If I change the username in the repository connection to WASSERMANN, then it works. So I think, the jazz team server settings (use case insensitive user ID matching=true) didn’t work in “My team Areas” in the visual studio client.

Is this a know defect or is there another property on the jazz team server I have to configure?

Comments
Jared Russell commented Sep 04 '12, 6:35 a.m.

Just to clarify: have you also set this property to true in the CCM application properties? Each of the CLM applications are configured independently.

Martin Wassermann commented Sep 04 '12, 7:07 a.m.

No, I had only configured the jazz team server. I have now configured the CCM application to use insensitive user ID matching, too. After the next server restart at midnight I can see if it works now.

Jared Russell commented Sep 04 '12, 7:44 a.m.

I just tested on my local machine and the changing the property is reflected immediately - no restart is required.

Martin Wassermann commented Sep 05 '12, 3:08 a.m.

Yes, now it works. Thank you for your assistance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | answered Sep 05 '12, 3:18 a.m.
We had set this property only in the jts application. But it is necessary to set this property in the ccm application, too. Now it works.
Martin Wassermann selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.