It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get loaded component in RWS programmatically

Anbe Pham (406) | asked Feb 12 '20, 3:53 a.m.
In RWS, after I loaded some components into sandbox, these component turned to filled cyan color. And I want to get this loaded component list programmatically. Do anyone know which API can do this task?

Beside that, I want to get sanbox folder corresponding with each loaded component, how can I do that?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Feb 12 '20, 10:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The list of components shown in the Pending Changes view can be retrieved by: IComponentSyncModel.getComponentSyncContexts()

You can tell if a given component in a workspace is loaded via:

IComponentSyncModel model = FileSystemResourcesPlugin.getComponentSyncModel();
if (model.getLocalSynchronizationManager().isShared(workspace.getResolvedWorkspace(), component)) {
 // component is loaded
}

To hook a listener to know when components are loaded/unloaded (in case you need to respond to these events)
ILocalSynchronizationManager mgr = FileSystemResourcesPlugin.getComponentSyncModel().getLocalSynchronizationManager();
mgr.addGenericListener(ILocalSynchronizationManager.LOADED_COMPONENTS, fSharedComponentsListener);

For your second question, it's important to note that a given component could be loaded in multiple sandboxes.
To get the list of sandboxes you would first get the IWorkspaceConnection for the workspace in question, then call:

Collection<ISandbox> sandboxes = FileSystemCore.getSharingManager().getSandboxes(new ConfigurationFacade(workspaceConnection, component), monitor);

Anbe Pham selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anbe Pham commented Feb 12 '20, 9:24 p.m.

Thank you very much. That is all I need to know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.