It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking work-item to a specific file in the repository

Anuerin Diaz (4112517) | asked Sep 19 '08, 7:17 p.m.
Long shot but I would like to know for sure if this is not going to be viable.

We are currently using review pointsheets to track the modifications on the source code. These spreadsheets are used for quality metrics computation so we need to have a way to extract all pointsheets for a given iteration. Right now we are tracking the changes in ClearCase and then uploading the final version as an attachment in the work-item.

Would it be possible to store the pointsheets in a Jazz component, have the reviewers and developers update them there, but allow the work-item to link to the latest copy (or a past revision) similar to what cvsweb can do for cvs repositories.

The difficulty I can see is that files need to be loaded to a repository workspace first but maybe we can have a neutral default repository workspace for accessing that kind of documents. The documents accessed in this fashion would only be read-only as far as the RTC server is concerned.

I think we can replace ClearCase right now but the linking part is going to be very useful in our case.

ciao!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.