It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard & access restriction

Naveen Chandani (4812022) | asked May 21 '12, 6:35 a.m.
I have few queries:

1. Can I take a printout of a particular widget in a dashboard.
Reason: I have pulled some of the RRDI graphs in RTC Dashboard. If I click on the graph, it drills down to the actual data. I need that data in a printout.

2. Can I define the access for a particular literal in enumeration. e.g. There is a role called Architect. I want that a user with the role of an Architect should be able to create a high prioity defect in the system. If any other user with the role of a developer tries to create a defect and gives the priority as High. He should not be allowed to save the workitem. A developer role will only have the access to create Medium and Low priority defects.

3. Is it possible to make certain attributes as read only if I select a particular value in enumeration. e.g. If the priority of the defect is High, owned by attribute should be read only.

Please note that all these queries are for RTC 3.0.x

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 21 '12, 8:38 a.m.
I cannot answer for 1, we're not there yet..

for 2 and 3, the answer is no..

there is a 'dynamic dependent' extension to control which fields should be required..

currently all users have full edit of all workitems if they have access to a project.

on the last, remember that during create, Priority is shown.. if you set priority high, and cannot change 'owned by', then you cannot SET it either..

I think one could write these extensions.. altho they would be ugly in implementation. RTC doesn't really provide a mechanism to PREVENT changing fields on the UI, it prevents SAVING the changes.. so the user will get the idea they can, will spend time, and then have the changes rejected..

Sam

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.