It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using build engine for incremental builds

David Davies (20612713) | asked May 19 '11, 12:25 p.m.
Hi guys

Have got a situation where I need the build engine to opnly include source that has been changed since the last build - its so we can manage our intranet pages. Has anyone managed to write script to do this?

Many thanks

David

5 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered May 19 '11, 1:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi guys

Have got a situation where I need the build engine to opnly include source that has been changed since the last build - its so we can manage our intranet pages. Has anyone managed to write script to do this?

Many thanks

David

Hi David,

If you're using Jazz Source Control with the JBE, you should make sure that the 'Delete directory before loading' checkbox is cleared in the Jazz Source Control tab of the build definition.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
David Davies (20612713) | answered May 20 '11, 5:25 a.m.
Hi Brent

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I am not sure if this will give me what I need...

Basically we have a workspace with around 2000 files in in, mostly .aspx The intranet developers will get some enhancements come in and they may change 3 of those files. I would like them to be able to request a build that produces a zip file with just those three files in that have changed since the last build. That way, they can deploy just the changes to the test server.

Thanks

David

Hi guys

Many thanks

David

Hi David,

If you're using Jazz Source Control with the JBE, you should make sure that the 'Delete directory before loading' checkbox is cleared in the Jazz Source Control tab of the build definition.

Brent Ulbricht

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 20 '11, 11:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David,

in the build scripts you could use the SCM command line interface. See http://jazz.net/library/article/195 for examples. You should be able to get the files changed since the last build. with some scripting, I guess the build could package those up and then they could be uploaded to the build result as download as well.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi Brent

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I am not sure if this will give me what I need...

Basically we have a workspace with around 2000 files in in, mostly .aspx The intranet developers will get some enhancements come in and they may change 3 of those files. I would like them to be able to request a build that produces a zip file with just those three files in that have changed since the last build. That way, they can deploy just the changes to the test server.

Thanks

David

Hi guys

Many thanks

David

Hi David,

Brent Ulbricht

permanent link
David Davies (20612713) | answered May 23 '11, 6:17 p.m.
Hi Ralph

Great to know it probably can be done. Has anyone got an example ANT script that will do something similar to this - I am not very experienced in writing these scripts.

Many thanks

David

Hi David,

in the build scripts you could use the SCM command line interface. See http://jazz.net/library/article/195 for examples. You should be able to get the files changed since the last build. with some scripting, I guess the build could package those up and then they could be uploaded to the build result as download as well.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi Brent

Thanks

David

Hi guys

Many thanks

David

Hi David,

Brent Ulbricht

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 24 '11, 2:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David,

the article mentioned above shows using SCM compare. You can call external programs in ANT using <exec>

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi Ralph

Great to know it probably can be done. Has anyone got an example ANT script that will do something similar to this - I am not very experienced in writing these scripts.

Many thanks

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.