It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export a work item template for a Delivery Process from RMC and then import it to RTC?

Sadaat Syed (1134) | asked Aug 29 '12, 4:08 a.m.
retagged Oct 09 '13, 7:48 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
Hi All, In Rational Method Composer (RMC) tool, I had tried exporting a work item template for a Delivery Process using the option 'Export a Work Item Template' available in the Authoring perspective in the Process Editor in the Work Breakdown Structure tab (Right click on DP -> Export to Work Item Template) and was able to save the work  item template as XML in my local drive, and was also able to import this work item template to RTC, but was not able to create work items in RTC using this imported template, and it was giving an error as mentioned below.

"Error creating work item set from template. The Work Items were not created. Details: Save Work Item Failed. Preconditions have not been met. The Phase Detected attribute needs to be set."

Could you please help me out on this.

One answer

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Mar 22 '13, 6:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sadaat,

have you checked whether Phase Detected attribute in one of the work item types part of the template is mandatory at creation time and not being set?

Regards,

Jorge.

Comments
Shane Hoey commented Oct 09 '13, 5:23 a.m.

Hi Jorge,

Is there anyway of influencing the export of the WI Template from RMC: We are having the following strange behavior: The tasks in the WITemplate are all of the same type (a 'vanilla' task, we need them to be Plan Items and  tasks of the type which is specified in the Process Template where they are imported.

Currently, when we import a large WI Template (with lots of Parent and Child WIs) we have to change all the 'Type' attributes to match them to valid Types from the process template.....otherwise we get very strange behavior with the effort rollups etc. Then  produce a new version of the template.

The other alternative is to manually edit the XML produced by RMC prior to it's import  into the RTC PA, ensuring that the 'rtc_cm:task' is replaced with the correct spec from the Process Template.

Jorge Diaz commented Nov 25 '13, 1:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I fear I don't know if there is an OOTB way of doing that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.