It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Type of Work item can not be set read only in certain states

Rachel Biderman (42611) | asked Jul 28 '13, 6:49 a.m.

As part of operation behavior options - i can set some attributes to be read only in specific states of the WorkItem.

but i could not find a similar option to set Type as read only.

The process either allows a role to submit different types or WI or not to change the type at all - general privilege.

but after the WI created, saved - we want the developer to be able to modify some attributes but not change the WI type (which happend by mistake by one of the developers)

How can i disable WI type change in certain status, but still in general allow the developer to change it during initialization of a WI?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 28 '13, 9:18 a.m.
edited Jul 28 '13, 9:19 a.m.
unfortunately the product supplied advisor for required fields cannot tell New (being created) from New (already created).  this prevents you from being able to provide the function you need.

we had the same problem with turning on required fields on the fly with existing workitems.  suddenly a bunch of fields were required on a workitem when yesterday they were not.  We wanted Required on Create.

I wrote a new advisor that CAN tell the difference. I had proposed to use the new advisor for the Create (status=New) case and the product version for the existing workitem (status=New) case.. 

permanent link
Rachel Biderman (42611) | answered Sep 02 '13, 8:07 a.m.
A workaround was given by RTC developer - see link:275265 Type of WI can't be set to Read Only

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.