It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use the build tag?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Jul 03 '12, 8:35 a.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 9:40 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
There is a function called "search for tagged build". What kind of tag we want to put there? Is there a way to search the build result using the build label? How can I create the tag during the build (automatically)?

Thanks
Jirong

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Jul 03 '12, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Internally we use the tags field to track which builds are associated with which baselines.  Also we mark the builds which are milestones via the tag.  I don't think that there is a way to search other than via the tag.  I believe the reasoning is that there is so much churn on builds that it doesn't make sense to index that information.  Rather its better to have an "opt-in" search capability for the important builds that have been tagged.  There isn't a way to automatically tag a build that I know of.  That might make a good enhancement request since it seems like there should be an ant task that could do that for you...

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.