It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Message CRRDV5017W when displaying the work items statistics widget in IE8

Martin Wassermann (13864144) | asked Aug 28 '12, 10:20 a.m.

Hi,

The Dashboard Widget Work Item Statistics didn’t work correct in my Internet Explorer 8. It shows the statistic only in a table when I want to display the widget. And it displays the warning CRRDV5017W.

I had already installed adobe flash player 11.4 and it seems to work on other internet sites. So I have no Ideas, why id didn’t work. In Firefox it works fine. The problem is only with the IE8.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Sep 11 '12, 12:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Diagnostic Steps

* Open IE8
* Press F12 to open the IE Developer Tools (or "Tools > Developer Tools")
* Verify that the "Browser Mode" & "Document Mode" is shown as "IE8" and "IE8 Standards" 
   => If not, stop here, switch the mode to IE8 / IE8 Standards" and revisit the dashboard to see if the Flash chart shows up

Underlying Problem

The Jazz Web UI dashboard page was rendered on IE8 in a compatibility mode (due to custom default settings incorporated for intranet sites as part of company policy).
As a work-around on IE8, you can click the "Compatibility View" toggle button next to the browser URL address bar to switch the Jazz Web UI to standards mode (although this can be annoying having to do it repetitively).

Please see the work item for further details:

Martin Wassermann selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Aug 31 '12, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 31 '12, 11:42 a.m.

Hi Martin,

Opened: 

I experienced a similar issue with the Work Item Statistics viewlet using IE8 and Flash 11.4.
However, instead of getting the fall back table presentation and a warning message, the Flash chart rendered blank (i.e. As a grey rectangle).

I checked "Tools > Manage Add-ons" and Flash 11.4 appears to be installed and enabled.

Nevertheless, I visited the following Flash site and was prompted to install 11.4 again: http://wechoosethemoon.org/
After doing the second install, both the "We Choose The Moon" site and Jazz dashboard viewlet worked.
It appears that there is something wonky about the automated Flash 11.4 install on IE8.
Can you confirm that this solution works for you as well?

Thanks,

Mike

Comments
Martin Wassermann commented Sep 04 '12, 4:23 a.m.

I visited the site http://wechoosethemoon.org/ too, and this site works without a new installation of flash. Nevertheless, the widget still shows the warning and display the work items statistics only in a table and not as column chart.

Mike Pawlowski commented Sep 04 '12, 1:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Continuing to investigate in the following work item: 229710: [Work Item Statistics Viewlet]: Flash charts do not render after installing Flash 11.4 on IE8 Will post an answer to this forum post once the diagnosis is complete.

permanent link
Jorge Afonso (645) | answered Mar 25 '13, 11:50 a.m.

FYI... I also tried this on IE 10 and it worked fine.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.