It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Double entry in predefined queries

Thomas Rutledge (3167) | asked Aug 24 '12, 1:09 p.m.
closed Feb 11 '21, 2:11 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
In an RTC 3.0.1.3 repository project area, we have a client that was trying to make a copy of the "Open assigned to me" query, but hit Save by mistake.

It was no longer in the predefined queries. So they added it back through the Process Configuration and now there are two "Open assigned to me" queries.

They did not want to just delete it, because in the Process Configuration, it only shows one.

What is the correct way to fix this and get just one "Open assigned to me" query back in the predefined list?

Thank you for any help that can be provided.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon Feb 11 '21, 2:11 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Carlos Isacovich (59112) | answered Feb 10 '21, 12:20 p.m.

I saw the same problem in version 6.0.2

The way I found to solve it was:

1.      Using the Eclipse client, open the Project Specification.
2.      Go to Process Configuration à Configuration Data à Work items à Predefined queries
3.      Select all the queries that appear more than one time in the list (not necessary in this list, but in any client when you open Shared Queries).
4.      Delete them from the Predefined queries.
5.      Save the project area.
6.      Go to the Team Artifacts view
7.      Expand Work items à Shared queries à Predefined queries. Here you should see the repited ones.
8.      Edit all the copies of the same query and modify the Details à Sharing by deleting the Project area. Each query should appear in the My queries folder.
9.      Delete from My queries folder all the extra copies of the query, leaving only one of them.
10.   Return to Process Configuration à Configuration Data à Work items à Predefined queries

11.   Select Add button and include the queries in My queries folder.

It seems that could be some bug related with the difference between Predefined Queries and Shared Queries.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 11 '21, 2:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The question above is 9 years old and for a RTC version that probably even did not yet support process sharing. But thanks for sharing your findings. If you answer to your own question from today, I can accept that for you.