It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to add third party jars into an operation participant ??

Sudeshna Mitra (2332831) | asked Aug 24 '12, 9:56 a.m.
edited Aug 24 '12, 10:40 a.m. by David Olsen (5237)
Hi all,

I want to connect MySql database from operation participant which fetches data and update the workitem custom field. So ,I need to add MySql jars into the operation participant , when I was add them by creating lib folder it gives me Unable to instantiate participant error .

Can any one tell me where to add third party jars in an operation participant plugin code.

Please give me solution on this issue....Its very important use case for me.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 24 '12, 6:02 p.m.
edited Aug 24 '12, 6:04 p.m.
I create a lib folder in my plugin project, put the files there,
and then edit the plugin.xml config to specify that the lib directory should be in the
plugin classpath,(on the Runtime tab) and in the binary build of the plugin jar file. (on the Build tab)

after the site.xml build of the jar file you can examine the contents (I use winrar) to make sure the
files are placed properly before deploying the site to the rtc server.

Sam

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 24 '12, 10:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should be able to put it as jar into the plug in, make it callable in the plugin.xml and you would need to include it into the build configuration in the plugin.xml. I have no example currently but I know other have done it.

I would suggest to search Eclipse.org for this e.g. using http://www.google.de/search?q=eclipse+plugins+external+libraries since this is really a standard Eclipse question. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.