It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Programmatic "extract work item from selected text&quot

Arun Batra (14612427) | asked Sep 29 '11, 8:33 a.m.
I have a Change Request work item. From here I want to create a child work item of Task type in which all the attribute values will be same as the parent work item.

I know that there exists a "extract work item from selected text" function in the top right corner which can help me achieve this, but it takes me through 3 windows. (to select the relationship, to select the type, to select the fields i want to copy). But I want to be able to achieve this programmatically because I only require a child parent (or a custom) relationship with a Task work item type alone.

How can this be achieved?

Thanks to all the helpful users posting on these forums,
I know how to add a link programmatically.
I know how to create a new child task work item with copied attributes.

All I need to know is how do I trigger this action.

Can a new button be added near the "extract work item from selected text" or "find potential duplicates" functionality button (top right corner)?

Can a trigger be fired when creating a new custom or child link in the links tab?

If yes, which are the extension points I can use?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Oct 07 '11, 1:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Arun,

I am not sure that is so easy, because you would have to extend the Eclipse client as well as the Web Ui.

I know it is potentially possible to extend the RTC client. It is probably still very complex to do. I am not so sure you can extend the WebUI. Have you tired looking at the various hints about extending in the WiKi?

permanent link
Arun Batra (14612427) | answered Nov 02 '11, 3:48 a.m.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I did go through some of the examples available. And yes, it did seem complicated.
Hence I started working on a workaround for this by making it possible to do this in a save pre-condition (operation advisor). It has been successful on most part with an exception resulting to following query.

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20510&highlight=
I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.

Warm Regards,
Arun

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.