It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to 'baseline' requirements in RRC?

Doyle Kint (2311014) | asked Aug 23 '12, 7:50 a.m.
My supervisors would like to see metrics on how our project's requirements are changing - #requirements modified, #requirements deleted, #requirements added, etc.   I would assume I would have to 'baseline' the requirements at some point in time, and then baseline again sometime later, then do the metrics based on the comparison of the two baselines.  Is there a way to do something like this in RRC? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
wolfgang steindl (2061011) | answered Aug 23 '12, 10:37 a.m.
Doyle,

yes - creating baselines in RRC is possible. More info can be found here https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_snapshots.html
Doyle Kint selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Doyle Kint commented Aug 23 '12, 10:47 a.m.

Thanks, Wolfgang.

I can't find the 'Baselines' section in the sidebar. Where exactly should I be looking? My sidebar just has Create Requirement, Use Case Diagram, and Upload Artifact. Is that the right sidebar?

Doyle Kint commented Aug 23 '12, 10:53 a.m.

Also, I did check my roles, and I have Author, Commenter, Administrator, and Project Snapshot Administrator. The link you sent me says I need Project Baseline Administrator, but I assume that's the same as Project Snapshot Administrator?

wolfgang steindl commented Aug 23 '12, 11:58 a.m.

From Version 3 to Version 4 terminology changed slightly. In Version 3 it was called a snapshot. In version4 it's called a baseline. So due to your terminolgy I assume you are using version 3. So in this case the link http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_create_snapshots.html applies.

wolfgang steindl commented Aug 23 '12, 12:07 p.m.

"Thanks, Wolfgang. I can't find the 'Baselines' section in the sidebar. Where exactly should I be looking? My sidebar just has Create Requirement, Use Case Diagram, and Upload Artifact. Is that the right sidebar?"

No, there is a sidebar on the right. Possibly you first need to activate it. On the right of the browser there is a small indicator that allows you to expand the bar. Within that there is a section with the Snapshots.

Doyle Kint commented Aug 23 '12, 12:17 p.m.

Okay, I found it and created a baseline, then made some updates, and created another baseline. How do I compare the two baselines to see what changed?

wolfgang steindl commented Aug 23 '12, 12:38 p.m.

Within the Snapshots section you can click on each of the snapshots and see the status of the project(artifacts) at that point in time. In the GUI there is no "compare window". A report with RPE (Publishing Engine) might help.

Have you observed that you can choose a date? This helps in case you forgot to create a snapshot. You can create a snapshot for the past ;-)

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 28 '12, 12:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In regards to comparing two collections for changes, please see this recent new & noteworthy for a future version

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-requirements-composer/milestones/4.0.1M2?p=news#collections

Comments
Rogério Ramos da Silva commented Sep 16 '12, 11:23 a.m. | edited Sep 16 '12, 11:27 a.m.

The colletions comparison was a useful tool, but not answer the question which, also its mine question. The baseline comparison is so expected as colletions was, and the customers are claiming to. Are there plans to implement it?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.