It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create hierarchy for requirements in Requirements Composer

Marko Ivanovski (1111) | asked Aug 28 '12, 6:13 p.m.
Hi there,

We've recently started using RRC.

We'd like to create system requirements within RRC that we can then publish to a document using RPE (Rational Publishing Engine). I can see that DOORS offers similar functionality but from what I've read RRC should do the job as well.

An example of the requirements we need to compose can be viewed in this photo
http://i47.tinypic.com/xpvx1y.png (My reputation on this forum won't let me post an inline image)

Is this something we can achieve with RRC? How would we create the hierarchy and then be able to generate a document like the one shown? Or is this a job for another system?

Thank you for your help.
Marko

One answer

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered Aug 28 '12, 6:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marko,
  I believe that is possible using RRC. Yo could create an artifact type where you store the "Asset management" content and that artifact should be linked to a secondary artifact type called Location (for example).
You can then generate this report by loading the "Asset Management" artifact and creating a table with the linked Locations. Each location will have an attribute for "Fit-gap", "Scope", etc.. as many as you like.
That is what I would do to generate an output like this.

Hope this helps

Comments
Marko Ivanovski commented Aug 28 '12, 6:50 p.m. | edited Aug 28 '12, 6:50 p.m.

Thanks Edgar. So what type of link would you use to do this? And please bear in mind that this is a 3 level hierarchy and can actually go up to 4 levels. Wouldn't the linking become tedious when requirements start adding up to the hundreds? Would you suggest using DOORS instead?

Marko Ivanovski commented Aug 28 '12, 6:54 p.m.

In addition to the above, how would the title numbers be generated based on the links?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.