It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Simple rest api to query requirements

Alan Stead (11) | asked Nov 11 '19, 3:30 p.m.

I'm trying to setup some automation to use a REST API to query a list of artifacts in a Requirements Management project.  I'm having the hardest time trying to find general documentation on the REST API for Requirements Management.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3 answers

permanent link
Rakesh S (2514) | answered Nov 11 '19, 11:03 p.m.

Hi Alan,

Kindly go through the below link which provides with the details of RestAPI for Requirement Management.

Comments
Alan Stead commented Nov 14 '19, 2:44 p.m.

Thanks Rakesh,

I've seen those, and had tried going through them, but they don't seem to work.
I can request the server's services fine (#1), and I can then request the catalog entry (#2), but then I start seeing differences.  
Instead of getting <oslc:ServiceProvider rdf:about
I get <oslc_disc:ServiceProvider>, with a child <oslc_disc:servicesrdf:resource
When I follow that, instead of seeing <oslc:CreationFactory>
I see: <oslc_rm:ServiceDescriptorxmlns:oslc_rm...

Alan Stead commented Nov 14 '19, 2:45 p.m.

The second link you shared is for older versions, when I follow the link to the newer versions (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGReportableRestAPI), I seem to get a bit closer, but still can't do something simple like get a list of all text requirements within a folder. I tried combining some of the info from the two links and use the oslc.prefix/select/where clause with a folder URL as the parent in the filtering where clause, but I just get a 400 Bad Request returned.

permanent link
Ankita M Udyavar (504) | answered Jan 24, 7:17 a.m.
Hello,

Not sure if your still facing the issue. I was unable to reply to the comment you have provided to Rakesh S hence writing it as an answer.

Are you facing the issue even after using the headers mentioned below when your trying artifact https://jazz.net/library/article/1197
  • OSLC-Core-Version=2.0
  • Accept=application/rdf+xml
Regards,
Ankita

permanent link
Alan Stead (11) | answered Mar 13, 1:55 p.m.

Ankita,

No, I still can't get it to work.
Thanks,
Alan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.