It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Simple rest api to query requirements

Alan Stead (111) | asked Nov 11 '19, 3:30 p.m.

I'm trying to setup some automation to use a REST API to query a list of artifacts in a Requirements Management project.  I'm having the hardest time trying to find general documentation on the REST API for Requirements Management.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3 answers

permanent link
Rakesh S (39112) | answered Nov 11 '19, 11:03 p.m.

Hi Alan,

Kindly go through the below link which provides with the details of RestAPI for Requirement Management.

Comments
Alan Stead commented Nov 14 '19, 2:44 p.m.

Thanks Rakesh,

I've seen those, and had tried going through them, but they don't seem to work.
I can request the server's services fine (#1), and I can then request the catalog entry (#2), but then I start seeing differences.  
Instead of getting <oslc:ServiceProvider rdf:about
I get <oslc_disc:ServiceProvider>, with a child <oslc_disc:servicesrdf:resource
When I follow that, instead of seeing <oslc:CreationFactory>
I see: <oslc_rm:ServiceDescriptorxmlns:oslc_rm...

Alan Stead commented Nov 14 '19, 2:45 p.m.

The second link you shared is for older versions, when I follow the link to the newer versions (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGReportableRestAPI), I seem to get a bit closer, but still can't do something simple like get a list of all text requirements within a folder. I tried combining some of the info from the two links and use the oslc.prefix/select/where clause with a folder URL as the parent in the filtering where clause, but I just get a 400 Bad Request returned.

permanent link
Ankita M Udyavar (72114) | answered Jan 24 '20, 7:17 a.m.
Hello,

Not sure if your still facing the issue. I was unable to reply to the comment you have provided to Rakesh S hence writing it as an answer.

Are you facing the issue even after using the headers mentioned below when your trying artifact https://jazz.net/library/article/1197
  • OSLC-Core-Version=2.0
  • Accept=application/rdf+xml
Regards,
Ankita

permanent link
Alan Stead (111) | answered Mar 13 '20, 1:55 p.m.

Ankita,

No, I still can't get it to work.
Thanks,
Alan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.