It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Remove TC section ID & XLSArtifactID after creating link with testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID

Welborn Smith (144) | asked Aug 22 '12, 7:59 a.m.

Hello,

My spreadsheet has multiple cases and scripts on one tab for 1x1 linking as users do not care for multiple tabs.

Our naming convention needs to be retained as we start test cases with 'TC_' and test scripts with 'TS_'

My issue is that the test case is getting created with two new sections, one named ‘ID’ with text containing the test script name, and a section named ‘XLSArtifactID’ with the test case name.

From reading Hao’s reply to my previous post it sounds like these new sections are being created in support of that one-to-one linking.  Is that correct?

If so is there any way to programmatically remove these sections after they are created?

It appears that all is okay when I manually remove them so to clean things up  I'd like to include removing these new sections in this process after linking the artifacts if at all possible.

Or am I still missing something...  An updated config is below.

Thanks again,

Scott

-------------------------------------------------

//Start looking for assets after row 1
testscript.XLSStartRow=2
testcase.XLSStartRow=2

//A new test script starts when we encounter an empty row
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

//Set the test script name and ID
testscript.XLSArtifactID=F
testscript.dc:title=F

//Test scripts are not required to be in an approved state in order to run the TER record.  Test cases are.
//Importing test scripts as Draft to allow for edits.
//set testscript state to "Draft"
testscript.alm:state ="com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.new"

//Step type is defined within the spreadsheet <== need to add step type column to support reporting steps, TBD
testscript.steps.type="execution"

//Set the test script description
testscript.dc:description=G

//Set the test steps description
testscript.steps.description=J

//Set the expected result
testscript.steps.expectedResult=L

//Link the test case and test script
testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID

//A new test case starts when we encounter an empty row
testcase.XLSDelimeter=\n

//Set the test case name and ID
testcase.XLSArtifactID=A
testcase.dc:title=A

//Test Cases need to be in Draft in order to generate TER records from underneath the test plan. 
//After genrating TER records mass update test cases to 'Approved.  Test cases must be in an approved state to run the TER.
//set testcase state to "Draft"
testcase.alm:state="com.ibm.rqm.planning.common.new"

//Set the test case description
testcase.dc:description=B

//Set the test case precondition
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=Pre(D2)

//Set the test case postcondition
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE")=Pre(E2)

//Set the Owner of the test case from Spreadsheet in Domain format (E.g.: AB92383)
//Owner must be entered as configured on the server, and must be a member of the RQM project which assets are being imported.
testcase.jzalm:owner=T

//Set test case weight = 100
testcase.weight="100"

//System/Subsystem category values should match Barometer IT/ClearQuest values.
//And the category values as defined in the Summary section of the Test Case
//Import valid test case Lean specific categories
testcase.category term="Priority".value=S
testcase.category term="Test Cycle".value=U
testcase.category term="Planview ID".value=V
testcase.category term="System".value=W
testcase.category term="Subsystem".value=X
testcase.category term="Test Type".value=Y
testcase.category term="Test Level".value=Z 

//Import valid test case project specific categories
//testcase.category term="YourCategoryName".value=TheColumnInSpreadsheet

//End of file

5 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 23 '12, 8:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Welborn,
the new section will not displayed on RQM UI,
so if you still think it's needed to remove the section, please open a new enhancement for disable create the XLSArtifactID section.
and another way to programmatically remove these sections is to customize the urlutility and  to get the xmls and remove the sections named ID and XLSArtifactID section.

permanent link
Welborn Smith (144) | answered Aug 23 '12, 9:47 a.m.

Hi Hao,

I am still not clear if I should expect to see this section and need a RFE. 

You say, 'the new section will not displayed on RQM UI' and mention the need for an RFE.

Please this latest post. 

Thanks,

Scott

https://jazz.net/forum/questions/85751/remove-tc-section-id-using-testcaseidtestscriptxlsartifactid?redirect=%2Fforum%2Fquestions%2F85751%2Fremove-tc-section-id-using-testcaseidtestscriptxlsartifactid

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 23 '12, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi Welborn,
the section "ID" and "XLSArtifactID" should only contained in the feed XML and shouldn't displayed on RQM UI.
so if you check on the RQM UI, you should not be able to see the 2 section, as they are not stored in "any" attributes just in XML.

permanent link
Welborn Smith (144) | answered Aug 23 '12, 9:59 a.m.
The ID column is being displayed in the UI.  Can you please look at my script?

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Aug 23 '12, 10:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Welborn,
I found there's a global attribute named id
https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-3.0/api-files/schemas/vega_xsd/attributes/id.html
so it displayed on UI, if you don't want to display is you can change the config file
change
testcase.ID=testscript.XLSArtifactID
to
testcase.scriptID=testscript.XLSArtifactID
to have a try.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.