It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem in RQM after upgrading (migration from 3.0.1.2 to 4.0.2)

Ignacio Barrau (11158) | asked Jul 04 '13, 10:16 a.m.
 Hi. I have recently migrate my RTC 3.0.1.2 to 4.0.2. I am writing a summary of what i did so i can say my problem after that.

I have a db2 9.7 database and an rtc server in the network. I install one by one the applications with installation manager. I upgrade the applications from DB (i had a problem with the jdbc version there, but i change the environment variable of windows to an older one and it works). When i migrate rm, there was some exceptions but at the end it says it was succesfull.

I thought it was everything okay. The PROBLEM, is that when i go to RQM and click on examine plans in planification tab, it never shows the plans. This problem happends with test cases too. Then if i try to create one, when i press save, an exception says "Unable to save test case, there was an internal error. See server logs". The log file of qm is not very explicit, it says something about a null pointer, but no more information (i can show you the logs if you ask me to). Another one is when i go to TER is appears a pop up that says "TypeError: cannot call method 'getStateById' of undefined".

The rest of the applications seems to work fine
I hope anyone can help me. 

Comments
Gail Burati commented Jul 17 '13, 2:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ignacio - were you able to get your upgraded environment working? I am concerned about your database connection in general - what was the jdbc version problem and what is the "older one"?
Also - you mention installing the applications separately - is this a distributed environment? Are you upgrading only the JTS and RTC to 4.0.2 or can all applications move up to 4.0.2? Is the problem you are hitting with RQM 3.0.1.2 while the JTS and RTC are at 4.0.2?
Lastly, just as a tip for the future - I have found it helpful as part of testing upgrades to run all the admin page diagnostics (jts/admin, ccm/admin, qm/admin) before and after to check that all is well.

Ignacio Barrau commented Jul 17 '13, 5:07 p.m.

Hi Gail. I think my environment is working fine. When i migrate, my jdbc was updated. I read that jdbc in db2 9.7 and CLM4.0.2 last working version was 4.11.77. So i download a jar to point it with an environment variable.

I have a server with Jazz and another with db2. I migrate jts, ccm, rqm and rm to4.0.2.
The problem is in the migration of the project area in RQM4.0.2, because if i create a new project area it works, but with the one we use, is not working.
I am not going to the office until monday to specify more information

Gail Burati commented Jul 25 '13, 10:33 a.m.

Hi Ignacio - I checked around and our suspicion is that the addTables did not run or did not run successfully. There should be a repotools-qm_addTables.log - can you check that this exists and that there are no errors? Thanks!

Ignacio Barrau commented Jul 25 '13, 11:41 a.m.

Hi Gail, thanks for answering, that sounds interesting. Unfortunately i did something more drastic. I restart my hole test environment and start over. It probably had a problem with the tables because it seems to work now. 
However, i have a new Problem. I can't import my 4.0 licences. It shows me CRJAZ1494e. I read online about it, couldn't find a solution. It is so strange, because the first time i migrate (before resetting the environment), the licences were taken in the first try and replace the 3.0.1 ones.

Gail Burati commented Jul 25 '13, 4:08 p.m.

Hi Ignacio - how did you restart your whole test env? Did you restore databases from a backup prior to importing the 4.0 licenses on your first upgrade attempt? Can you take a look at your license key management page?
.../jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.manageLicenses

Ignacio Barrau commented Jul 26 '13, 8:21 a.m.

Hello, i can see i am not making myself clear ^^. I have the hole server in virtual machines, so when i couldn't migrate, i delete the 4.0.2 vms and replace them for the 3.0.1 (clones of what i have i production) to start over. I have taken a look at license key management page and there it is 3.0.1, i can't add 4.0 zip licences files that i have to replace them. It says this everytime i try with one (ej, contributor_unlocker)

"An error has occurred and has not saved the license configuration (CRJAZ0475I Unable to claim the contents: <o:p> </o:p>

com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContentImpl@79af79af (internalId: [UUID _D4S48PU-EeKUdvxhPiNIng]) (deltaPredecessor: null, contentId: [UUID _C-LaEfU-EeKUdvxhPiNIng], contentLength: 406712, characterEncoding: us-ascii, contentType: application/unknown, checksum: 1515758333, lineDelimiterSetting: 0, lineDelimiterCount: ))ID CRJAZ1494E"

Like i said before, is so strange that i could the first time that i migrate. <o:p> </o:p>

Gail Burati commented Jul 26 '13, 10:06 a.m.

Sorry Ignacio - I should have framed my question in VM terms. Do your VMs each have all their databases local to them such that returning to the 3.0.1 snapshots also returns the databases to their 3.0.1 formats? Or is your database on a separate VM that had corresponding snapshots for 3.0.1? You might think that redo'ing the upgrade would fail if this were not the case but actually, our addTables commands are safe to re-run - they are designed to detect whether any tables need to be added first. I'm just making sure that you are not being hit by some of the issues I've seen with using VMs.

Ignacio Barrau commented Jul 26 '13, 10:35 a.m.

Well, i have RTC vm in one computer and DB2 vm in another one. I haven't run the upgrade step twice, just one for each migration.
I want to thank you for the continuous help. I have delete all the files in jdbc 4.11.77 except the one i add to environment variable and it work!

If i have any other issue y may ask a new question or write a new answer.
Thanks again for everything

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

2 answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jul 04 '13, 11:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 04 '13, 11:06 a.m.
Dear Ignacio, one of the primary things that can be checked is the browser where RQM is accessed?
Are you on a supported browser see here for supported browsers with CLM 402.
i.e., re-try the actions on a supported browser - see if the issue persists?

If the above does not help. Please share the logs by raising an IBM Support Request so that a thorough analysis can be made.

We can surely update this entry with more data as we find but a Support Request can make sure that this issue gets the attention it needs.

Best Regards, Sunil

permanent link
Ignacio Barrau (11158) | answered Jul 04 '13, 11:39 a.m.
I prefer to show you the qm log file from here. Just qm, because rqm is the only applications that has problems.

Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.DisconnectNonTransientConnectionException: [jcc][t4][2030][11211][4.11.77] A communication error occurred during operations on the connection's underlying socket, socket input stream, 
or socket output stream.  Error location: Reply.fill() - socketInputStream.read (-1).  Message: Read timed out. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.gd.a(gd.java:319)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.a(a.java:461)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.a.a(a.java:456)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.z.b(z.java:206)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.z.c(z.java:259)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.z.c(z.java:372)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.z.v(z.java:1147)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.cb.a(cb.java:39)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.q.a(q.java:32)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.rb.i(rb.java:135)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.jn.ib(jn.java:1996)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.kn.sc(kn.java:3058)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.kn.b(kn.java:3841)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.kn.fc(kn.java:702)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.kn.executeQuery(kn.java:672)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.stat.PreparedStatementStatWrapper.executeQuery(PreparedStatementStatWrapper.java:60)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.errlog.PreparedStatementErrLogWrapper.executeQuery(PreparedStatementErrLogWrapper.java:78)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.db.jdbcwrappers.leak.PreparedStatementLeakWrapper.executeQuery(PreparedStatementLeakWrapper.java:57)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.dataaccess.FetchRows.executeQuery(FetchRows.java:225)
... 82 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:140)
at com.ibm.db2.jcc.t4.z.b(z.java:199)
... 97 more
2013-07-04 12:08:59,073 [          http-bio-8292-exec-8] ERROR sqlTxLogger                                         - Exception preparing SQL: select 1 from sysibm.sysdummy1
2013-07-04 12:12:19,964 [         http-bio-8292-exec-16] ERROR com.ibm.rqm.process.deployment                      - Global Save Error
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.internal.utils.ProcessWorkflowUtil.getWorkflowDefinitionByType(ProcessWorkflowUtil.java:397)
at com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.internal.WorkflowService.getStateInfo(WorkflowService.java:150)
at com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.internal.WorkflowService.isValidState(WorkflowService.java:393)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy1030.isValidState(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.internal.rest.TestCaseRestService.postTestCase(TestCaseRestService.java:683)
at com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.internal.rest.TestCaseRestService.postTestCaseDTO(TestCaseRestService.java:568)
at com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.internal.rest.TestCaseRestService.save(TestCaseRestService.java:1859)
at com.ibm.rqm.planning.service.internal.rest.TestCaseRestService.save(TestCaseRestService.java:1)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
at org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord$ExportedServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:56)
at $Proxy2262.save(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.rqm.common.service.internal.DocumentRawService.save(DocumentRawService.java:318)
at com.ibm.rqm.common.service.internal.DocumentRawService.doRun(DocumentRawService.java:226)
at com.ibm.rqm.common.service.internal.DocumentRawService.access$0(DocumentRawService.java:181)
at com.ibm.rqm.common.service.internal.DocumentRawService$1.run(DocumentRawService.java:155)
at com.ibm.rqm.common.service.internal.DocumentRawService$1.run(DocumentRawService.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService$3.run(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:176)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$Transaction.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:488)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase$1.run(RepositoryDatabase.java:312)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService.withCurrentConnection(ConnectionPoolService.java:381)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor67.invoke(Unknown Source)
at $Proxy62.withCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:308)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.RepositoryDatabase.runInTransaction(RepositoryDatabase.java:263)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runInTransaction(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:110)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.PrimitiveTransactionService.runInTransaction(PrimitiveTransactionService.java:105)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor333.invoke(Unknown Source)
at $Proxy95.runInTransaction(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.runInTransaction(AbstractService.java:965)
at com.ibm.rqm.common.service.internal.DocumentRawService.postDocument(DocumentRawService.java:152)
at com.ibm.rqm.common.service.internal.DocumentRawService.perform_POST(DocumentRawService.java:105)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.TeamRawService.service(TeamRawService.java:90)
at $Proxy271.service(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.doRestService(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:914)
at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest2(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:2100)
at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1924)
at com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.service(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1800)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:126)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:76)
at org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:120)
at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.processDelegate(BridgeFilter.java:133)
at com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.doFilter(BridgeFilter.java:154)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:336)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1002)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:585)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:897)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:919)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)
2013-07-04 12:15:11,120 [          http-bio-8292-exec-8] ERROR bm.rqm.oslc.xml.xslt.extension.proxy.TestcaseProxy  - java.lang.NullPointerException

I thinks this can be useful information from the log.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.