It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Messages @Me not appearing on Dashboard

Joseph van Blokland (823813) | asked Aug 21 '12, 11:56 a.m.
ENV: Jazz 3.0.1.2, RHEL, Oracle DB, WAS, IHS reverse-proxy (same behavior with Tomcat)

When we add an @userid to a workitem, it does not appear in the Dashboard Project and Team Events widget when I set the "Types to Show" to just Messages @Me.  This happens when I message myself, or someone else.

The message does appear in:
  • Dashboard Work Item Changes
  • Eclipse message popup
  • Eclipse Team Dashboard configured to just Messages @Me
    • Note I had to include messages created by me.

Right now our work around is to just display work item changes and visually identify Messages @Me.

Can I use the IFeedService, with a certain itemType or category, in order to see Messages @Me in a News Feed Widget?  Also I noticed that I cannot select Messages @Me in the Jazz 4.0 Dashboard Project and Team Events widget - what do we do to support this in 4.0?

Thanks!

Comments
Andrew Codrington commented Aug 24 '12, 10:04 a.m.

To provide some background on our situation, we're very interested in notification mechanisms in Jazz other than email. We haven't deployed email in our environment at all. (Email is so 80s.)

Web dashboard widgets that filter on notifications like @Me messages, Reviews, Approvals, etc are one way we're trying to compensate for our lack of email.

The 'My Work Item changes' widget does show @Me messages and aggregates nicely across all project areas, but with all the other notifications the @Me messages tend to scroll out of view quickly.

The "Project and Team Events" widget claims to allow us to filter on @Me messages, but doesn't actually display any. It is also limited to a single Project Area.

If I dare to dream I'd love to see the User Profile "Mail Configuration" tab changed to "Notifications Configuration" with two columns, one for email, and one for XMPP/IM settings. (We have an XMPP server in place, but not Lotus Connections.)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Adam Archer (83639) | answered Aug 28 '12, 11:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 28 '12, 11:43 a.m.
This was a defect in 3.0.1 and it has been fixed in 4.0. For details see [Events Viewlet]: Filtering by "Messages @me" & "Approvals" does not work (193034)
Joseph van Blokland selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Adam Archer commented Aug 28 '12, 11:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I apologize. Upon further investigation, it looks like we opted to remove those filters from the "Project and Team Events" viewlet because they do not make sense in that context. Message @me and approval related notifications are not really "Project and Team" events so they don't belong in that context. The solution to your problem will be to use the "My Work Item Changes" viewlet and filter it accordingly. There is a work item open to track the addition of the fitlers you are after to that viewlet. See 188140: [My Work Item Changes Viewlet]: Add the ability to filter by "Message at me" & "Approval" events

Joseph van Blokland commented Aug 28 '12, 12:32 p.m. | edited Aug 28 '12, 12:32 p.m.

Adam- thanks for getting back to me on this. I guess we'll have to wait till we upgrade to 4.0. Thanks again. BTW here is the link to the work item you mentioned: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=188140

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.