It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to save Dashboard, with RTC4.

Fabrice CORNUAULT (111) | asked Apr 17 '13, 7:41 a.m.
Hello,

I would like to delete some widgets from my project dashboard (like "Welcome in Rational Team Concert", or "Manage your dashboard"),
but the save doesn't work. Same problem with personal dashboard.
I can make changes to my dashboard, then Save the dashboard with a successful message on the page.
But when I return to that dashboard (or with a refresh), the changes are not saved.

No errors in logs.

My profile is JazzAdmins (with a Developper Floating's licence).

I saw different topics about unsaved dashboard, but no one about dashboard in RTC 4.0.1
Exemple of related post I found :
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/53320/is-there-someway-to-run-migrate-dashboards-operation-again  -> concern migration of 3.0.1.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/52275/personal-dashboard-is-not-saved -> no solution is proposed.

Is anybody has an explication or a solution ?

Thanks a lot.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Apr 17 '13, 7:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi.  Your profile looks good - perhaps add yourself as a JazzUser too if you can.  The next thing to look at - are you a member of a project at all?  Finally - what browser are you using?

Fabrice CORNUAULT commented Apr 17 '13, 11:11 a.m.

I try first to be only administrator of the project, then I added my name into team members of the project. Same result.

Browser used : Firefox (15.0), IE8

One answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Apr 17 '13, 9:09 a.m.
edited Apr 17 '13, 9:09 a.m.
I remember we had this problem before. The solution was to reset the the dashboard to factory defaults.
This permanently deletes all dashboards from all applications associated with this JTS, including personal, mini, project, team, qm, and rm dashboards. From then on, custom dashboards needed to be rebuilt from scratch, but dashboard modifications did work.

Please let me know if you are willing to try that solution, I can provide you with the commands.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 17 '13, 11:13 a.m.

Please tell me that the above can only be executed by JazzAdmins !!  That seems an extreme measure especially when the CLM recommendation is for "as few JTS as possible".

Fabrice CORNUAULT commented Apr 17 '13, 11:30 a.m.

Is it the only solution?
I don't know what you mean by "reset the the dashboard to factory defaults" ... but it was scary ...
Is it difficult to do? Rebuild dashboard is not too "dangerous"?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.