It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is vertical scroll bar empty/insensitive on certain dashboards ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Jun 07 '13, 5:09 p.m.
[ why is it always on Friday ? ]

Hi,

On an RTC 4.0.1 users report that certain dashboard display viewlets that are partly visible (clipped) but the vertical scrollbar remains unusable.   This seems to happen in different project areas in the same CCM, but not other CCM using the same JTS.   We did have a weird hiccup with one JTS where there was an Async IO error RC: 76 specifically on a POST for /jts/dashboard/NNNN.   Restarting the RTC took care of that; the JTS seemed fine.  No errors logged to the CCM or JTS logs that I can relate to dashboard on the CCM in question. 

Common thread:  Both the JTS are running under WAS 7.0.0.25 (did find pmr mentioning Asycnc IO, but should be included in this level).  We did put on a new JRE for our Tomcat based RTC and the earlier failure was on a tomcat based RTC.

JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 AIX ppc64-64 jvmap6460sr13fp2-20130423_146146 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20130423_146146
JIT - r9_20130108_31100ifx1
GC - 20121212_AA

but the JRE for WebSphere is at whatever level came with the 7.0.0.25 fix.

I plan to restart the WAS over the weekend.

Any other suggestions ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Jun 07 '13, 7:36 p.m.
Hi Kevin,,

This may be overkill, but when there are issues with dashboards,  I would suggest running the repotools reindex commands.

Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jun 10 '13, 3:35 p.m.

Abraham,
Thanks. I actually had to do this this morning to a different JTS.

3 other answers

permanent link
Chris Chinchiolo (8621816) | answered Jul 15 '13, 7:45 p.m.
Team
I am seeing this same issue on a dashboard, the scroll is there till one of the wigets opens, then the Right scroll goes away and all info below is missing.  I have tried FF and chrome with same issue.  I did stop the JTS and CCM and ran repotools reindex commands on both console.  This did not help.
I am running 4.0.1 on this system with Apache Tomcat.  Any other ideas????

permanent link
John S F Lander (901941) | answered May 18 '16, 5:49 a.m.
Same problem, scroll bar on the right disappears and not able to see widgets at bottom of page
We are on 4.0.7

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered May 18 '16, 8:22 a.m.
The issue occurs when an HTML viewlet has style directives that contain

overflow:hidden;

ANYWHERE in the html content.  To fix, edit the viewlet in HTML mode and remove the string above ( get the semi-colon, too) and save the dashboard.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.