It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create custom operation advisors for Rational Quality Manager

Archana M (2168) | asked Aug 21 '12, 9:27 a.m.
edited Apr 30 '15, 1:49 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)

We would like to have some pointer for creation of custom operation advisors (new pre-conditions/follow-up conditions) for Quality Management (Rational Quality Manager) similar to the one existing for Rational Team Concert.

Can we add new pre-conditions/follow-up conditions for RQM? Are they supported in 4.0 version release of Rational Quality Manager?

Comments
Muhammad Ramzan commented Apr 30 '15, 1:17 a.m. | edited Apr 30 '15, 1:18 a.m.

Hi dears,

I have also the same issue, I am trying to prevent my team

• To execute multiple test cases on a single click
  • Create results without execution

I want to add these conditions on test case execution but unfortunately i am not able to find any thing related to these. Could you please advise how can i achieve my target.

Thanks,

Ramzan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Marcelo Ramos (1013) | answered Aug 22 '12, 4:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Archana,

While Pramod and Mridula already answered pointing out the out of the box preconditions available in QM 4.0, I believe you are interested in creating new custom preconditions for your organization's policies or integrations with other tools. Unfortunately we don't have a public Java API that you could leverage in order to implement custom operation advisors. 

If your needs for new advisors are of general purpose and could be integrated into the product, you could open an enhancement request so the development team can evaluate and possibly deliver the proposed advisors in a future release.

Regards.

José Marcelo Ramos Barragán
Rational Quality Manager development
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Archana M commented Aug 23 '12, 5:10 a.m. | edited Aug 23 '12, 5:11 a.m.

Yes, I was primarily looking for addition of new custom pre-conditions apart from the out of the box advisors that are currently available.

We are in process of exploring the possibility of adding new custom operation advisors which maynot be for general purpose. When can we have public Java API for RQM. Any possibility of having that in near future?

deb pro commented Apr 16 '13, 9:11 a.m.

Any update on this, I am also interested to Execute some custom pre-conditions / Follow up action  on RQM Test Plan/ Test Case Save operation.

Any possible way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

4 other answers

permanent link
Mridula Muppana (1261) | answered Aug 22 '12, 10:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Archana,

Yes. In RQM 4.0, you can add states, transitions and process advisors which act as pre-conditions / follow-up actions.

Thanks,
Mridula.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Aug 22 '12, 10:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Many process preconditions have been added for various operations, and there are multiple preconditions for artifact state transition. This is only a partial list of the preconditions available:
  • Allowing execution of only approved test scripts, test cases, and test suites
  • Allowing execution only when a build is specified
  • Disallowing modification to formal review of approved artifacts
  • Requiring an e-signature for formal review of artifacts
  • Requiring an e-signature for lock-unlock
  • Disallowing transition to Approved until all approvers approve
  • Requiring defect to be associate with results before they are reviewed

permanent link
Naveen Tyagi (19775152) | answered Mar 13 '15, 7:07 a.m.
Hi Archna, did you get any solution/update on this problem ?. i am also tasked to create custom pre condition to  prevent Test execution if no requirement associated with it- "Disallow Execution of Test case if no Requirement is associated with it",  any possible solution to sort this problem out ?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 30 '15, 1:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As stated above, there is no public API in RQM. So no luck. I'd submit an enhancement request if there isn't already one.

permanent link
Bhasker Tiwari (4825) | answered May 04 '16, 1:09 p.m.
 Any update on API in RQM?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.