It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot view test cases on RQM

Moses Sadiki (377) | asked Aug 16 '12, 9:26 a.m.
I have user who cannot view test cases in a certain project but other users who have the same rights and permission can view test cases. I have compared the profiles of users who can access with her profile they look the same.This user can view test cases on different project. Is there anything that I should look at? Please assist

4 answers

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Aug 16 '12, 10:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Moses,

from your message I assume that you already checked your 2 users have the same role wrt. to the QM project area these test cases are living in ? (by clicking "Manage Project Area" > <__your P.A__> > Overview > Members ).

Regards,
Stéphane Leroy
Jazz Jumpstart

Comments
Moses Sadiki commented Aug 17 '12, 2:30 a.m.

Hi Stephane thanks for ur response the two users have same role.I have also created new user and assign same role the new user can view all test cases

Stephane Leroy commented Aug 17 '12, 5:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Moses,

just a check : do both users use same browser - including version # - when logging in RQM ? If not, it might worth a try. Also wonder which RQM version you're using.

If nothing special shows up, you might want to contact support.

Regards, Stéphane

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Aug 16 '12, 2:53 p.m.
Sounds like permissions but you could also check the licenses.  We've had users with RTC licenses but not RQM licenses who had access to the RQM project but the lack of the license prevented them from doing some actions in RQM.  I  think it was creating artifacts, but may be worth checking anyways.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Aug 16 '12, 3:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Moses
There is no read access restriction in RQM. So if user can log into a project area, he/she must be able to see all artifact in it. I am wondering if he was set some weird filter setting in view test cases or changed setting so table does not load by default until unless you hit refresh button or Run query button

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Aug 16 '12, 3:45 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 16 '12, 3:48 p.m.
The setting Pramod refers to is the user preference below:

<edit> I'm not sure the above image is working well. It's User Preferences->List View Settings, then the setting "Automatically run search when list view is opened".

When you say they can not view test cases what do you mean? Nothing shows up in the table? An error is thrown? They see them in the table but can not open one? If an error, please provide more details. If another use gives them a direct link to a specific test case in that project, can they open that?

Comments
Moses Sadiki commented Aug 17 '12, 2:27 a.m.

Nothing shows up on the table

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.