It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Suite Execution Record - how to preserve Test Script selections for each Test Case?

G S (5346) | asked Aug 15 '12, 9:41 p.m.
edited Aug 15 '12, 9:42 p.m.

Hi,

The scenario is that we have a Manual and Automated test script in every test case. We have a test suite containing those test cases.

When we select a Test Suite and hit 'Run', the Test Suite Execution Record dialog appears. After manually selecting the automated test script for each test case we want to run in the suite (the manual script always appears first in the combo), we can then run the Test Suite.

When we try to re-run the Test Suite, we have to manually re-select all of the automated scripts again. Is there any way of preserving these selections so we do not have to re-select (perhaps scores) of scripts every time we run a suite?

I am using RQM 3.0.1.

I feel I am missing something obvious here. Is there an option somewhere that will let us preserve this informatinon?.

Any advice appreciated!

GS

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mat Walker (361) | answered Aug 16 '12, 4:10 a.m.
This had me flumoxed for while as well.  You were missing something, but it's not that obvious.

Go to your Test Suite and, in the left 'Overview' section select Test Cases to list the Suites test cases.

[Hover your mouse over the greyed out pencil icon in the set of table icons. Mouse changes to a 'No Entry' sign but the tooltip says 'Edit Default Test Script'. - thats how i discovered this]

Select which test cases you want to set the default script for (tick the appropriate tickbox's) and then the - now no longer greyed out - pencil.  The default test scripts can then be set from the test case dropdown lists.

When done click the 'floppy disk' icon to save your changes.

Not the most intuitive thing, so easliy missed!

Hope thats helps

Mat
G S selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.