It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Script result details are getting replaced in the TSER after execution. Is this expected behavior?

Maria Amalan (784366) | asked Jul 21 '16, 6:16 a.m.
Current Scenario:
One Test Suite, One Test Case and 3 Test Scripts
Test Suite will have 3 test cases, this is the same one test case added 3 times for the 3 different scripts.
TSER is created and executed. After executing when we go to the Result Details tab, we see that the 3 entries for the 3 test cases shows the same test script. The results are getting replaced by another test script result.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Or does anyone know what the root cause for this behavior is?

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jul 21 '16, 3:42 p.m.

Hello,

I believe the current result is replacing the previous results. That I believe is expected. Best practice is to make one test/one test script. That way you can see the different results.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Jul 22 '16, 6:47 a.m.
Hi, Maria

I tested with v6.0.2 and there is no problem.
- create 3 test scripts, script1, script2, script3
- add them to testcase1
- add testcase1 to testsuite1 3 times, set the testscript as script1, script2 and script3
here when adding testcase1, script1 will always be present in test script column by default, I need to edit it and select script2 and script3 respectively.
-- run testsuite and once completed, go to TSER result details, I see the below result:

did you do anything different(what is your version of RQM)?

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Jul 22 '16, 8:49 a.m.

Thanks alot for your response Don.
We are using CLM 6.0.1. And I think this issue is intermittent.

Don Yang commented Jul 22 '16, 11:07 p.m.

If you did as what I tested, I guess the problem could be that when adding the same test case 3 times to the test suite, the user may forget to set the script to script2 and script3 as default will be script1. When you see the 3 scripts are the same, are they all script1 or it is random?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.