It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to create links from a RQM test case to more than one DOORS requirement at a time?

Doyle Kint (2311014) | asked Aug 14 '12, 1:51 p.m.

Right now, it looks like I have to click the +(add link) icon, then click the DOORS project, then click the requirement module, then click a view, then find and click the requirement for each requirement that should be linked to a test case.  ctrl-click and shift-click to get a whole group of requirements doesn't seem to be supported.  Is there a way to do it in bulk?  

One answer

permanent link
Zhou Xing (41123) | answered Aug 14 '12, 8:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Doyle
     I suggest group the requirements in a Doors module or view, then associate the module or view with a test plan in QM. Based on test plan, we can reconcile the module and generate new test case for each requirement. I think your idea is good for a RFE to submit, as for current delegate UI of Doors, it is not easy to support bulk association.

Comments
Zhou Xing commented Aug 14 '12, 9:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Some fix: There is already a Doors enhancement for this limitation, will paste the enhancement url once I get it.

Doyle Kint commented Aug 23 '12, 7:37 a.m.

Thanks, Zhou. Still waiting on the enhancement URL.

Zhou Xing commented Aug 27 '12, 9:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Doyle, sorry for the late, here is the link:

1959: Need to provide multi-selection capability for OSLC Requirement (Collection) Selection Dialog https://jazzop17.rtp.raleigh.ibm.com:9443/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/1959

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.