It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The Default Test Case Template has 8 sections but when I am creating the test case only 4 sections are appearing. Why does this happen?

Maria Amalan (784366) | asked Sep 17 '14, 6:26 a.m.
 My default Test Case template has all these sections:
Summary, Test Case Design, Formal Review, Development Items, Requirement Links, Risk Assessment, Pre-Condition, Post-Condition, Expected Results, Test Scripts, Test Case Execution Records, Attachments, Execution Variables.
But when I create a new test case, I am seeing only these sections:
Formal Review, Pre-Condition, Post-Condition, Expected Results.
Even if I manually add the Test Script section to associate with the test case, I am not seeing the normal grid which allows use to add the test script. Instead, I am seeing only a text box.

Can someone please tell me why this happens? And how it can be resolved. Thanks alot.

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Sep 17 '14, 3:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Maria,

The sections displayed in the UI when creating a new Test Plan should mirror those in the 'Selected Section' of the Test Plan Template selected at the time of creation

TP

You can access the Templates by going to

Admin → Manage Artifact Templates → <The Default Artifact Template> and viewing the Selected Sections;

If you are seeing discrepancies, I would open a PMR with the support team for further investigation

Regarding the Test Script section; based on your description, it seems as though someone may have created a custom section and labeled it “Test Script”. You should be able to verify this by going to Admin → Manage Artifact Templates → <The Default Artifact Template> area; you can select the Test Script section and see if its a Rich Editor  format 

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Sep 17 '14, 11:53 p.m.

Thanks for your response Ara.

There is a discrepancy between what is there in the template and what is appearing when we create a new test case. I will raise a PMR for this.
With regard to the Test Script, your right, the Test Script section is appearing as a Rich Text Editor but I see that all the sections are the same (ie. Rich Text Editor). None of the sections are the default sections. And I cannot see the default sections in the Available Sections box as well. Looks like the default sections are not available in this PA. Why does this happen? And what should I do to resolve this? 

Maria Amalan commented Sep 18 '14, 12:07 a.m.

Also with regard to the discrepancy between the template and the actual test case creation, what would be the workaround? I believe raising a PMR takes alot of time and I don't have much time. Would this workaround work - there is another PA in the same server which has the required templates and they work fine. Can we extract the process template from that PA and create a new PA with that process template? This should bring the templates and their default sections to the new PA right?

Don Yang commented Sep 18 '14, 2:17 a.m.

What version of RQM are you using? In general it should work if you can extract process template and then create a new project area from that template. There is some known problem in v4.0.?(lower 4.0 version, I can't remember exactly what version though)that using JazzProjectAdmin to extract the template and import could lead the artifact templates lost so it's better to use jazzadmin user account.
Do you know how the problematic project area is created? From a default RQM process template or it is from some imported process template?

Maria Amalan commented Sep 18 '14, 8:46 a.m.

We are using RQM V4.0.4. The problematic project area was created using a customized Lifecycle Management Process Template. We can't seem to figure out where the issue is.  Is there some way to find out where the problem is in RQM part of the Lifecycle Process Template?
The Sandbox project area that is working fine was created using just the RQM Process Template. Whereas the problematic project area has been created using the CLM Process Template. Even if we can export the RQM process template successfully from the Sandbox PA, we do not have the option of creating new RQM project areas and then linking to the existing RTC and RRC project areas. We only have to find a way to fix the issue with the RQM process template. Due to this we have tried to share the process template in the Sandbox project area and change the process template in the problematic project area through the . But this is not working. What other option is there?

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Sep 18 '14, 8:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Maria,
Is there a System Admin who is responsible for creating/modifying the Templates? As Don noted, we need to find out how the problematic projects were created and or customized to get to the underlying issue

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Sep 18 '14, 8:47 a.m.

Yes Ara. The issue in the project area is because of a customized process template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.