It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to not allow users to execute Rational Functional Tester scripts but allow them to execute manual test cases?

Michael Schiralli (1779) | asked Mar 18 '14, 8:55 a.m.
Hello,

Is is possible to allow users to execute manual test cases but not allow them to execute automated scripts, i.e. those that were imported from Rational Functional Tester?  I know there is a permission in RQM called Execute Test Case but if I set that to "Not Permitted" then they wouldn't be able to execute manual test cases.  Thank you very much.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 18 '14, 5:46 p.m.
Michael

There is no such permission which would allow the user to run manual test script but not RFT script. I am not sure what is the use case here. But I think there are two options you may consider:

1) use execution test case precondition(qm/admin page to set the precondition: supposed you use the latest version such as v4.0.3 and higher) to allow execution of script in a specific state such as only execute the testcase when script is approved, if you only approve manual script, you would be able to only run test case with approved manual scripts.

2) Use ExcelImporter add-on to export the manual script to Excel and execute offline then import the result back to RQM: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

Don
Michael Schiralli selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Schiralli commented Mar 18 '14, 6:10 p.m.

Thank you very much for the information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.