It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How/where do you set permissions for the Database option for Enumerated Lists [RTC 4.0]

Virginia Brown (9333941) | asked Aug 08 '12, 10:42 a.m.
In 4.0 I see the option to store an Enumeration in the Database rather than the 
process specification.  This lets me give someone permission to update (or at least extend) 
an enumerated list without having to give them rights to update the Process Spec.
Sounds like an excellent advancement.

Looking for information and where/how to set these permissions.
There is blurb in the InfoCenter (below), but I haven't found additional help.

From CLM4.0 InfoCenter:
Note:
When you define a new enumeration,you can store it in the process
specification or the database. If you store the enumeration in the database,
you can add new values to the enumeration directly from the work item editor, even if you do not have permissions to modify the process specification. You still require permissions to add new values.

4 answers

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Aug 09 '12, 7:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Virginia,

you can set this in Process Configuration of the project area. The path is: Team Configuration > Permissions > Work Items > Save Enumeration (server) > Create new Enumeration value

Regards,

Jorge.

permanent link
Marcia Zilliacus (834) | answered Mar 08 '13, 10:22 a.m.
This does not work like this. I have removed permssion to modify process specification and tried to add this permission but get the error:

Permission Denied.

You don't have permission to perform the following actions:

Modify the process specification (modify/specification)

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Mar 08 '13, 10:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Marcia,

not sure if I got your message well ... what the note says is that process permissions are not needed for the user adding new enumeration values once permission is granted in the process (" Create new Enumeration value " permission).

But the user that modifies the " Create new Enumeration value " permissions needs process modification rights.

Regards,

Jorge.

permanent link
Samir Patel (357) | answered Jun 20 '14, 2:09 p.m.
Marcia,

Were you ever able to address this issue for your env? I too am facing the same message when I try to implement this enumeration update to database. Has anyone been able to implement this successfully, without opening up all the permissions to project area? Any help?

Thanks,
Samir

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.