It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Preconditions and follow-up actions on JazzHub

Fredrik Jägare Lilja (6135) | asked Feb 18 '14, 11:25 a.m.
 Hello.

I've a bundle of source code that I would like to deliver (check-in) on my JazzHub project. Currently I'm not able to do that since the pre-conditions state that I need to have a clean workspace (code does not compile). Since this project is all about to refurbish non-working software, we are in desperate need to disable this pre-condition. Is this at all an option for JazzHub or should we switch to some other platform?

Br,
/Fredrik

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 18 '14, 2:07 p.m. | edited Feb 18 '14, 5:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I do not have the precondition set in my JazzHub project, and it is not a precondition I could set even if i wanted to (and I am the owner/creator of that JazzHub project).
So the first question is: do you know how you got that precondition set in the first place?

Fredrik Jägare Lilja commented Feb 18 '14, 3:35 p.m.

Hello.

I'm afraid I didn't do anything in particular to "deserve" that precondition, it just was there when we created the project on JazzHub web application.

Millard Ellingsworth commented Feb 18 '14, 4:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

@gmclemm I'm pretty sure I've seen this invoked if you create a jazzhub project then connect to it via Eclipse. Pretty sure I saw it yesterday (but my workspace was clean so i didn't think much about it). I'll attempt to reproduce, though as you said, it's not available for tweaking via any currently available UIs.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 18 '14, 5:41 p.m.

I played around some more, and whether or not this is turned on depends on whether you checked the "use scrum" box in the project creation wizard.  

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 18 '14, 5:44 p.m.
If you are using the Eclipse client, you should be able to "override" this requirement (in particular, in the Team Advisor box where you'll get the error message, select the "override" option and retry the deliver).

Alternatively, you can create a new project and don't check the "use scrum" box.   But then all you get is a Task work item type (which is fine, if you don't need the other work item types provided by the scrum process template).

Comments
Adam Archer commented Mar 03 '14, 5:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

These suggestions from Geoffrey are currently your only options on JazzHub, but we do appreciate the feedback on the limitations of our Scrum template. Unfortunately, we don't allow customized templates on JazzHub and, for the majority of use cases, the clean-workspace precondition is actually a very useful one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.