It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source control not visible in Eclipse client

Aron Sajan Philip (155) | asked Aug 01 '12, 1:15 a.m.

Hi,

Whenever I am connecting to RTC's Eclipse client, under the project area I can see only the Work Item folder. None of the other options like Builds, Source control, Reports, Plans etc... are not coming for me. What could have possibly go wrong.

Please get me a fix for this issue.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 01 '12, 5:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 01 '12, 5:34 a.m.
My guess is that the user has the wrong license. If you have no developer license SCM does not show up in the Eclipse client, for example.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Svetlana Grimaylo (11) | answered Jan 09 '14, 11:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I did it again and it is fine. I think, it was a problem when P2 installation unzipped "RTC Eclipse Client" file.
My steps :  1. Install Eclipse 4.3.1.
                  2. Open Eclipse IDE.
                  3. Window--> Install New Software --> Add-> Archive:  find the RTC-Eclipse_Client.zip -file and install it.
Now it is working correctly.

permanent link
David Olsen (5237) | answered Aug 01 '12, 1:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
My best guess (though I have no confidence that it is correct) is that your Eclipse client is corrupted so that a bunch of the plugins in the client aren't running.  Can you try a new install of the RTC Eclipse client?  Are any other users seeing the same problem when connected to the same project areas?

-- David Olsen, IBM Rational, Jazz Process Team

permanent link
Svetlana Grimaylo (11) | answered Jan 09 '14, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I had the same problem when installed Eclipse 4.3.1 and using P2 installed RTC Eclipse Client on fresh machine Windows 2008 Server.
A couple times I was able to reproduce "None of the other options like Builds, Source control, Reports, Plans etc".
The third time I installed all on the next fresh machine ( Windows 2008 Server) and got a good result.
I think, it was bad installation for some reason.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 09 '14, 9:46 a.m.

Another thing I think I have seen is that in some installs certain capabilities are switched off. Can you check if you have in File>Prefereces a General>Capabilities section and the team section is checked? Can you find SCM related views such as Pending Changes?

permanent link
Svetlana Grimaylo (11) | answered Jan 09 '14, 10:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For both my setups ( bad and good)  I see  Window-->Preferences: General->Capabilities  section "team" is checked. But for first I don't see section "Jazz Source Control " ( Window--> Show View --> others ), for second it is here.
So, for first: No "Pending Changes", but for second: "Pending Changes" is here.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 09 '14, 11:04 a.m.

Can you try to un-check and re-check the capability and try to open (search in advanced) a related view? If you don't have such a view available, can you see menu items such as Team>Share on elements such as Projects? Can you try one of these actions, if available? I have seen that Eclipse suppresses certain views and asks if it is supposed to enable them, if you actively try to open them. I am not sure which steps I did, last time this happened.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.