It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issues running the rmt2rqm file

Anthony Paul (7021821) | asked Jul 26 '12, 11:38 a.m.
edited Jul 26 '12, 12:41 p.m.
 Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could help with this problem. I am trying to run the rmt2rqm.bat file to try migrate some test cases between Rational Manual Tester to RQM. But when I run the file nothing happens. When I open Task Manager, I see java.exe appear in the list and then it disappears. 

When I ran the install_tool.bat to install the tools it installed with no errors. 

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
Rational Manual Tester (version 7)
Installed the Migration files from the RMTMigration.zip (RQM 4.0)

Have also got installed the RTC client and RTC Shell.

Has anyone got any suggestions. Have tried all the usual things, installed RMT to various directories, restarted the laptop. Run the batch file normally and in administrator mode.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Anthony Paul (7021821) | answered Oct 24 '12, 6:44 a.m.
 If anybody else has this issue, it was caused by Rational Manual Tester not been patched to the later version. 

Was running RMT 7.0 and when patched to 7.0.1.10 the rmt2rqm utility worked fine.

Robert Rassmann selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered Jul 26 '12, 5:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a log file generated when you run the tool?  This may give some indication of what the problem may be.

permanent link
Anthony Paul (7021821) | answered Jul 27 '12, 5:23 a.m.
 Do you know where the log file could be?
 Have looked in the directory where I installed RMT, and have also checked the Windows Event Viewer but can't find it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.