It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I extend the HttpConnector class with access restriction

Alicia McPherson (7131418) | asked Jul 19 '12, 12:53 p.m.
The HttpConnector class has Access Restriction on it. I want to use the HttpConnector class to create a plugin to do Http Lookup and return some data. What's the best way to extend HttpConnector in RTC 3.0.1.3? Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Martin Aeschlimann (911) | answered Jul 25 '12, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The HttpConnector is internal and not intended to be extended. But you can create your own connecter and let it implement IHttpConnector. You then publish it using the "com.ibm.team.workitem.service.dataConnector" extension point and can use it by its ID out of your filtered value set provider (either a script of a deployed Java class).

We consider this as an very advanced way of writing you filtered value provider. Our hope is that the provided HTTPFiteredValueSetProvider is rich enough to cover most use cases.

Comments
Alicia McPherson commented Jul 25 '12, 4:37 p.m.

Thanks Martin! I was able to create a plugin, using the IHttpConnector, that does want I need for now. I'm also going to try your suggestion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.