It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RTC Java API, how do I get a change set's work item, rather that a work item's change sets?

mark byrd (14712330) | asked Apr 22 '13, 11:46 a.m.
edited Aug 02 '16, 7:39 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I know how to use the RTC Java API to find a work item's change sets. I've been unable to tell if, given a change set, I can determine its work item. The key is probably in the links concepts, but I've had little success finding examples.

Comments
Olivier KUNTZ commented Sep 27 '13, 5:32 a.m. | edited Sep 25 '15, 5:22 p.m.

Do you find the solution?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 27 '13, 6:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please read the answer thread.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 22 '13, 1:18 p.m.
 Mark, have you looked at https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/01/restrict-delivery-of-changesets-to-workitem-types-advisordelivery-of-changesets-associated-to-wrong-work-item-types-advisor/ ? It is server API, but I would expect it is possible to learn something from it with respect to the client API as well.
mark byrd selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
mark byrd commented Apr 24 '13, 7:42 a.m.

Thanks. I'm working through that example now. I'm having trouble finding the jar for repository.service, scm.service and workitem.service classes, but will keep looking.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 24 '13, 8:09 a.m.

Please note, the example is for Server API and requires the server SDK set up, if you run on the Plain Java Client Libraries you have to look for a client library that replaces the server API's.

mark byrd commented Apr 24 '13, 11:34 a.m.

The code you supplied gave me the terms I need to pick up this ... https://jazz.net/forum/questions/24734/writing-a-new-build-engine ... in a google search, which gave the code example I was seeking. Thanks again.

<o:p> </o:p>

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 24 '13, 11:50 a.m.

Thanks for the pointer Mark, I added a short sentence and a link to that question to my blog post to make it easier for the next one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.