It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work item fields don't scroll in Chrome browser

Ralph Earle (25739) | asked Jan 22 '14, 3:11 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RTC 4.0.4, when I create a new work item, the drop-down lists in the work item fields do not respond to the scroll bars, nor can I access the final item in the list. This happens with long drop-downs, such as Owned by, Filed against, and Planned for.  This is only true in Chrome, and I can still scroll using the mouse wheel, so it is more an annoyance than a show-stopper. It has just recently started to occur.

Comments
Rob Barker commented Jan 22 '14, 6:34 p.m. | edited Jan 22 '14, 6:36 p.m.

Hi Ralph, what do you mean by 'recently started to occur'?    That is to say, when did you first notice the problem?  Has the scroll worked for you on 4.0.4 before?

(I did a quick test against 4.0.6 with Chrome Version 32.0.1700.76 and can scroll with the mouse wheel or the scroll bars)

Rob 

Ralph Earle commented Jan 23 '14, 3:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I first noticed the problem on 1/20. One of our admins made some minor changes to the work item template over the weekend, marking "Filed against" and "Planned for" fields as required. Not sure if that could have introduced the problem. 

Rob Barker commented Jan 23 '14, 7:14 p.m.

I can reproduce the same behaviour in 4.0.4 (doesn't seem to matter if the field is required or not...)   Let me check 4.05 too.   I couldn't find an APAR that specifically fixes the problem so it could just be one of those things...  And as you said, more of an annoyance then anything else.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rob Barker (17316) | answered Jan 23 '14, 7:41 p.m.
edited Jan 26 '14, 5:42 p.m.
Ralph,

It looks like this behaviour is fixed in 4.0.5.   I've tested this against 4.0.4, 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 and am only able to reproduce the behaviour in 4.0.4 (with Chrome the drop down scroll bar cannot be grabbed but scrolling with the mouse wheel works.)  I also noticed that the up and down arrows will also allow you to scroll, so if you don't have a mouse wheel there is still a way to scroll through the drop down list.

Ralph Earle selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.