RTC Queries
We need some technical details
============================
I would like to understand the below list
1. Parent / Child relationship in RTC ( unlike in CQ Reference_List)
2. RTC E-mail Reader ( Creating a new workitem via Email facility)
3. Do jo example
Can some help me to undstand and proceed further
Regards
mrpsinger
============================
I would like to understand the below list
1. Parent / Child relationship in RTC ( unlike in CQ Reference_List)
2. RTC E-mail Reader ( Creating a new workitem via Email facility)
3. Do jo example
Can some help me to undstand and proceed further
Regards
mrpsinger
Accepted answer
Hi,
one way you can try is create a validator as described in https://jazz.net/library/article/537 or https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#Validators . This would not impact the size of the attribute, but your regular expression would only allow the values you want. Please read the whole area of https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization for additional useful information. You need to throw an error and also to configure the Precondition mentioned in the wiki to prevent from saving wrong values.
Also consider reading: https://jazz.net/library/article/565
one way you can try is create a validator as described in https://jazz.net/library/article/537 or https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#Validators . This would not impact the size of the attribute, but your regular expression would only allow the values you want. Please read the whole area of https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization for additional useful information. You need to throw an error and also to configure the Precondition mentioned in the wiki to prevent from saving wrong values.
Also consider reading: https://jazz.net/library/article/565
Comments
2 other answers
There is, as far as I know no RTC E-mail reader available at this time. This work item tracks the request: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=95864
Comments
You can set the parent child relationship in several places. On the work item Links tab you can create links to other work items, which includes parent/child. You can also create a new task here. If the type does not match you can change it before creating it (and after). You can drag and drop on plans to create this relationship as well.
RTC provides several attribute types. You can not change the size. There are given sizes and I have seen a response on this forum, but I can't find it right now. I am puzzled about the 250 bytes. Which type do you refer to?
RTC provides several attribute types. You can not change the size. There are given sizes and I have seen a response on this forum, but I can't find it right now. I am puzzled about the 250 bytes. Which type do you refer to?
Comments
Ralph Schoon
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER Jul 19 '12, 2:10 a.m.