It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to enable data collection for a stream by SCM ETL?

ankur sharma (66212228) | asked Jul 18 '12, 2:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How can I enable/disable data collections for a stream by the SCM ETL job?

One answer

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered Jul 18 '12, 2:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It can be enabled using the link
https://<server>:<port>/ccm/we b/projects/<project_area>#acti on=com.ibm.team.reports.admin& id=com.ibm.team.reports.admin. datawarehouse.scm

IMPORTANT: The SCM data collection for a stream is an expensive job. It is highly recommended to be sure before starting one. As a general practice the collections are enabled only for integration streams.

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Jul 09 '14, 9:00 a.m.

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the answer!

1) Is it possible to automate for selecting streams which is created newly into the SCM data collection ?

2) Could you please give more details, Why the SCM data collection is an expensive job, because one of my customer wants to automation SCM data collection

Thanks is advance!

Regards,
Arun.

Rafik Jaouani commented Jul 09 '14, 4:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Arun,
Data collection for a stream is a very expensive operation and should only be enabled for the select integration streams.
It is expensive because it visits every stream, every component and every file and tries to compute the size. It also creates baselines to compare against, so it can find out what has changed since yesterday.

Sunil Kumar R commented Aug 19 '14, 7:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Rafik, I see a client with same requirement that Arun has indicated.

We have appraised them about the performance impact, which they are ok with.

Any pointers on the approach forward to automate the stream selection in Admin workspace? Is this handled by scripting? If yes, do you have a sample?

Best Regards
SunilĀ 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.