It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

scm deliver action causes displaying "user xxx does not have permissions to replicate change sets from components owned by process area" message

shruti joshi (10013239) | asked Sep 17 '13, 2:19 a.m.
edited Sep 17 '13, 2:44 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103)
Hi,

On RTC 4.0 thick client, I am able to deliver change sets cross repository but on the another server not able to accept change sets from it. It is showing me following error:

Permission denied during "Source Control Operations"

user "rahul" does not have permissions to replicate change sets from components owned by process area " Demo change management"

The operation is not governed by process.

I have already given access (check the option) to the admin user (rahul as scrum master) from web UI > Project area > permissions > Team Configuration > Source Control > Replicate changes.

====> I am using trial developer licenses for RTC 4.0.

Please help me in this regard... Its urgent, I have to give demonstration on "Cross Repository implementation for flowing changes sets"  by this Friday.

Thanks
Shruti

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 17 '13, 2:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you looked at: https://jazz.net/library/article/535? Is distributed SCM enabled on both servers?

1. The user needs to log into both SCM systems (potentially with different user ID's on each server).
  2. The user (both ID's, remote and local) needs to have the permissions to replicate change sets in both projects involved. The one that owns the remote and the one that owns the local stream/workspace.
  3. You have to have a real developer license, trial is OK. If you have developer for workgroup or 10free licenses enabled on any of the servers involved, distributed SCM is diabled.
  4. You have to run the same versions on the local and the remote server, as far as I am aware.

shruti joshi selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.