It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a role with read only access to a component?

Sapna Tunara (12) | asked Jan 29 '16, 3:42 p.m.
edited Nov 01 '16, 10:44 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

When assigning source control permissions to a process role, all of the options have to do with saving or delivering changes.  If I unselect all of these permissions, then users with the role get an error message when accessing the 'Integration_stream' claiming that they don't have read access to the 'Integration_stream'.  How do I give read, but not write, permissions to a role?

Users with this role should be able to download a component to their repository workspace sandbox area, and accept incoming changes, but not deliver any changes of their own.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 31 '16, 6:43 p.m.
Below is a great article that address this particular topic.
https://jazz.net/library/article/215
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Nov 01 '16, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The article mentioned above would answer all the specific questions one may have in this area.

The short answer to your question however would be:
Component 'visibility' is the setting to govern read-access (ex: Open the component in an editor in the RTC Eclipse client and you will see the 'Visibility' setting). Process roles/rules/advisors will be able to govern the write-access (i.e. who can deliver to a stream).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.