It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 3/4: What changes are stored outside the databases?

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Jul 17 '12, 8:20 a.m.
Hello,

After application servers are configured and CLM applications are deployed to the application servers, what other on-going changes within CLM applications will be stored in local file systems instead of the databases? I hope none but not 100% sure.

The story behind: due to system resource limitation, a cold-cold standby fail-over is needed. That is, the virtual machine holding the cold-standby app server is brought down after everything is configured properly and the CLM applications are up-running. I believe any user changes/activities (creating test artifacts, projects (areas), opening work items) would be stored in databases which do not need to update the powered-off machine.

Appreciate if you can share your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jul 17 '12, 8:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Frank

Content in CLM is all stored in the database - as you suggest.  The things that are stored on the file system that you will need to think about are the configuration files and the indexes. Your configuration files should all be set up when you set up the standby machines.  The indexes can be recreated using repotools.

I can't think of any other files that need to be considered - but I am sure other people will suggest what I missed.

A good way to find out more is using the infomation on backups.  Ralph Schoon wrote an excellent article here:
https://jazz.net/library/article/795 about CLM 3 backups

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.